• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my programme keep crashing?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use an iMac for my film editing and have Adobe premier elements 14 installed.  Recently every time I try to adjust the volume of clips on my timeline  the programme crashes. I cant uninstall my programs as it is an updated download from elements 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you're using Premiere Elements version 10?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is this video?

Which OS are you using? What processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much free space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Hi Steve, I'm using elements 14 which I upgraded to from elements10 a couple of years ago. I upload from an sd card from my Sony HDR cx900 camcorder.Spec of my iMac is: processor 1.6 ghz8 gb memory 1867 MHz ddr3Graphics intel HD graphics 6000 1536 mbI have 710.23 GB of free space from the 1 tb SATA disk 

It's standard ratio download. Not highest, just as it comes off the card.

Thanks

Pat

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old is this iMac? If those are the complete specs, an 1.6 ghz processor is not nearly powerful enough to edit with this program.

You also haven't told us what Mac OS you are working with.

Your camcorder also shoots in a number of formats and resolutions, including 4k. What is the format and resolution of the video you are editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had it about 18 months. When I bought it I explained what I needed it for i.e. my film editing. I moved from windows to mac because I thought it would be a better computer for my needs. Is there any way I can improve  the processor please? 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry just read the rest of your email. I'm not at home at the moment so can't tell you offhand my OS. I'm not that techno minded but I know It's not 4K. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }

Il send you more info from my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } I'm not sure where to find the resolution and format of my video.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Also I'm sorry but I don't know the resolution or format of my videos. And don't know where to find thus information. 

Really sorry....

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to your e-mail is not working.

Please reply on the Adobe forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I can't help you without details about your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Will check when I get home and get back to you. Sorry.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines