• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does premiere elements 15 on MAC hang when Previewing a Pan or Zoom

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nearly every time I try to preview a Pan or Zoom effect  in PE15 on MAC it hangs and I have to restart, using the Pan zoom tool I cannot find anything on Forum on tis, and have applied all updates Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

I will answer my own question to close it down. After lots of research I am forced to the conclusion that the only fix is to upgrade to Premiere Elements 2018. I am informed this works with High Sierra and is obviously still supported by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pan and Zoom are computer intensive.  Without knowing more, the logical answer is that your computer is short on CPU power or RAM available to Premiere Elements. 

What are the details of the media you are working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick reply. Understand what you say so the details are Still photo  with resolution reduced as per guidelines down to 1024x576, file size 106kb. The system is relatively new iMAC 2.7GHz cpu and 8Gb of ram!! I did a controlled experiment  ensuring that all media was rendered and loaded, so no load from that, and nothing else running. This time it previewed OK, as it sometimes does, but hung after pressing Done. Waited for quite a while but didn't recover. The coloured little wheel just going round and round! And I don't know how to get out of that without closing the program!  So not sure , should be plenty of resources .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it all still photos?  No video?  How are you doing the project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its primarily stills with a few video clips but I am not doing zooms on them. Not sure which project settings you mean. I have set up the settings for projects in Preferences The key one being PAL as in UK for 1080i  25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that there may mismatch in the project settings.  Premiere Elements normally sets them automatically when you put the first video clip to the timeline.  If it is a photo, I'm not sure how it will do that.  

Try starting a new project with "1080p50", force the project to stick with that and load a few of the stills.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all that. Just finished current project so will now give this  a try and see what happens . Further info was that it was the Preview window that was crashing. It also did it if you selected clip from the Timeline to Preview.And even previewing some transitions . So these project settings are for your input media and you set output setting at end.? In PE15 which I have belatedly stated using ,this is now strange as you don't say PAL or NTSC , just select a resolution which seems to define frame rate etc etc.  But it seems to work Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So these project settings are for your input media and you set output setting at end.? ......,this is now strange as you don't say PAL or NTSC ,....

In my first screenshot above I picked the preset from the PAL group.  The NTSC group is above it.   Yes, trying to match the project settings to the media is for editing.  Output settings are independent, but for best quality, should match the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have done as you suggested with my latest version Premiere 15 and its still the same. If you set the Pan/zoom frames and then press Done without Preview its ok. Goes back to Timeline and zoom is done. If you press Preview before pressing Done, it shows the Preview ok . Then you press done to get back to timeline and it always crashes. So I have a workaround which is not to Preview. But strange that I cannot get it to work. Note the stills have been reduced in resolution Maybe we have to leave it there as unresolved. I like to solve things but as I say I have workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further info..... I also get hang when I preview a clip selected from the project assets pane and then attempt to close the preview pane. I can avoid this if I leave the pane open and select the next clip I want to preview. It plays Ok.  So the workaround is never to close the preview pane, Similar to Pan Zoom on stills. If I just press Done Its Ok. If I preview and then done it hangs. I am pretty convinced its recent iOs update as videos projects that did work now hang. Is anybody else getting this. Its strange to believe its only me!!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will answer my own question to close it down. After lots of research I am forced to the conclusion that the only fix is to upgrade to Premiere Elements 2018. I am informed this works with High Sierra and is obviously still supported by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just found this is now being discussed on a new current thread https://forums.adobe.com/message/10646500#10646500 Hope this link get you there. It seems to recognized as iOS fault which is repute to be fixed in 14.1 which is on Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Update on this. This problem persisted through Elements 2015 and 2019. It also persisted through to the latest version of High Sierra and Mojave. It manifests itself in number of ways all to do with opening  a pane to review video. It happens with Organiser, Photoshop Elements and Premiere elements . I recently however had a very good call with Apple which guided me to do two things. I don't yet know which fixed it unfortunately . I will have to wait to see if it recurs to clarify. However we did two things Master reset  which involved powering the system off, holding down Option/Command/r/p and then do Poweron. If this is done properly you will get two of the Power chimes. We then cleared a number of things including caches. Again I didn't get the details of all the things deleted as I was busy following instructions. After all this the Mac system went noticeably faster and the fault has so far not reoccured. Sorry I haven't got all the details, but it looks promising. I will try to get more soon. The other suggestion around is to allow Accessibility of these programs via Settings. This only fixed it for one session for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi This is not fixed and the correct answer needs to br removed. I put it there but don't know how to undo it. 2019 Organiser and Premiere elements and Mojave still seem to be a mess for many with numbers of issues. i have spent hours with Apple and Adobe but they all seem just to try various things but nobody seems to know the root of these problems. How do we get this addressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have now got the following info re 2019/Mojave hangings . Adobe accept its a problem and say it will be fixed in next update in a month or so. Apple did change to permissions for me in terminal utility which they claim is work around until then. The link below does half the job. You also have to allow your program correct access via Settings/ Privacy. Hope this helps Chris https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203538

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines