• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does the play arrow keep jamming/stopping? I'm in the trial period, and this is not a good sign

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 11, or rather, I'm trying to use it.

There is an orange line at the top of the uppermost video track. I know I'm using up a lot of memory with hundreds of tiny drawings that are each less than a second in length, but still... All I'm trying to do is make a 30-minute animated cartoon. Are there some settings on my computer that I could adjust? Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your drawings?  JPEGS? Do their pixel dimensions match the project settings? 

What you see on the screen is a real time preview "render".  The orange line means that the preview part of the system is struggling with the task.  If you press the "Enter Button" it will  "re-render" the previews and make editing smother.    Another possibility is that you have a computer that is short of RAM or free disk space that is needed to smoothly create the preview files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you rendered your timeline by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard? When that orange line along the top of the timeline turns green, your play should be much smoother. Although there are other things to consider like how powerful your system is, what the media is you're editing, how intense your effects and animations are, etc.

BTW, are you saying you're using a trial version of Premiere Elements 11? How is that possible. That program is 7 years old!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines