• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is a still image fuzzy when being played but clear when I pause it?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a video out of a collection of still images.  It is a tribute video, essentially, and I am trying to liven it up by panning and zooming documentary-style.  I've imported all the images I want to use into my media folder, and added them to my timeline.  When I hit 'play,' the images suddenly become blurry, but when i then 'pause' it, they return to being clear.  Any idea why this might be happening and what I can do to fix this?

Thanks very much,

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

I figured out how to fix it in the program. If you don't have the playback quality at Full it will come out blurry (instead of 1/2 or 1/4).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

>make a video out of a collection of still images

What is your project setting, and what size are your pictures?

Pictures that are "overly" large may cause video editing problems

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

-HiRes Pictures to DVD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937?tstart=0

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

Plus...

Premiere Elements FAQ List (2 pages of FAQ as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all

Premiere Elements TIPS List (6 pages of Tips as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John.

I am using premiere elements 10.0 and all updates have been installed on an HP running Windows 7.

This is my first time attempting a project like this in this application, but I have used it for basic video editing in the past with no problem.

My pictures range in side from 5MB to 230KB.

I'll take a look at the links you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link that you provided for Photo Scaling for Video does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me... posted 6-19-2009

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, don't forget to render your timeline (press Enter) whenever your timeline indicates (with either a red or amber colored line above the clips, depending on which version of the program you're using).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, Steve, but it didn't resolve the issue.  Clips are now rendered (red line is green), but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that should definitely resolve it, bc.

If your video looks fine when it's paused and fuzzy when it's played, it just needs to be rendered.

Or am I wrong in describing your symptoms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although as John indicates you do need to resize all of your photo images in Premiere Elements to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are certainly right with the description of my symptoms.  I followed the resizing in photoshop advice, and now all my images are below 2000x1500.  Yet again, when I import them to premiere and add them to my timeline, render them (until the bar turns green), the images are fuzzy when played.

I really appreciate the help.  I'm quite confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try outputting them to a file and play the file with a media player, viewed at 100%. 100% is not the same as full screen, it shows the actual pixels rather than having them scaled by your graphics card which can often introduce blur.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, this did the trick.  When I exported the video and watched it in a media player, the problem was gone.  I suppose I'll just trust it will work this way going forward and that the blur only persists in the premiere view.

Very strange.  Thanks so much for the aid.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to fix it in the program. If you don't have the playback quality at Full it will come out blurry (instead of 1/2 or 1/4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, could you indicate where I can find the playback setting in LR Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is for Premiere Elements... you need to ask your question in the LR Classic forum

To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines