• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Premiere Elements 10 not letting me load m4a audio files?

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message that states "The importer reported a generic error". That does not give me a clue for how to correct the error.

I have imported m4a files before into the same project with no problems. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m4a may be an Apple format with copy protection.  Try converting it to a wav or mp3 with Audacity or some other program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill. Music downloaded from iTunes (if that's what this is) is highly copy protected and will throw up an error code if you try to load it into any video editing program.

(FWIW, MP3s downloaded from Amazon.com are not copy protected and can be used as is in a video project.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Exactly right. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines