• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why so long to export?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an 8 minute video by combining 8 minutes of mp3 audio with about 10 seconds of a Quicktime movie superimposed over one part.  The screen is blank for almost the entire 8 minutes.

I then choose to export the video with YouTube widescreen SD settings, 480p.

It's taking a LOOONG time. It has spent 15 minutes so far, and the "remaining time" just keeps creeping up, now claiming 1 hour 15 minutes remaining in the export.

Any idea why this is so? Shouldn't this be a very quick and easy task?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 minutes of music with 10 seconds of video is an odd combination. 

To help, you will have to offer more information about how you put the project together. 

For what it's worth, output rendering often takes much longer than the video itself.  It depends not only on the project settings and video compositions, but the computer itself.  It is NEVER fast enough!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eventually it will have all 8 minutes of video, but this was just to see how it looked so far.

I figured it out. The video clip I used was close to, or probably slightly larger than, the YouTube widescreen resolution, and apparently the CPU was being burned in trying to resize it. When I redid the clip to something slightly smaller than YouTube (i.e. I redid it to about 830 by 450) it exported quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines