• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wide Screen Video import

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problem importing widescreen video into Premier Elements 15. Set new project to PAL widescreen 16:9 format and force all imports to this format. Import my video but this then displays as a squashed 4:3 format despite the imported video having properties saying it is a PAL widescreen 16:9 format file. Using the same import setup with other video editing software the imported video displays with a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I import and save video from another programme then load it into Premier 15 it displays as I would expect with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Am I new to Premier elements so am I doing anything wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't say what your source is for your video and/or what model of camcorder you've captured your video from -- but this is sometimes the result of your video not properly conveying its non-square pixel information. This used to be more of an issue back when people edited tape-based video. Modern video formats use square pixels.

That said, right-click on your clip(s) in the Project Assets panel and select Interpret Footage and try some of its settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines