Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will graphic card solve my issue

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have purchased Premiere Elements 2019 but I have an issue with video playback during editing. Video is played and it's quite smooth, however quality is super bad (example is below). I have tried to change quality in the setting from Auto to Highest but it hasn't helped.

Would dedicated graphic card help?

Would you recommend any with good price/performance?

Computer is based on i5 7500 processor, 16GB ram, SSD disks. GPU integrated only on chipset. Win10 Pro 64bits.

Editing videos from GoPro 5, 2.7K 60fps. Rendering is not an issue, even if it could be faster, I don't mind as investment to new processor is not an option.

Výstřižek.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, a GPU does not help with Premiere Elements.  Premiere Elements is not programmed for that to work. 

Your i5 CPU may be doing the best it can.  The preview you watch during editing is created ("rendered") in real time and will be as good as the computer can do.  The goal is to make it smooth enough so that you can do your editing.   When you are done, the output processing ("rendering") is done from scratch and it won't be in a rush!  The output files will be processed according to your output settings and should have a viewing quality as good as the original.

I don't think it will help, but you might try turning on or off the Hardware Acceleration in the General Preferences menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although, as i5s go, yours is pretty hefty. It scores an 8000 on Passmark's benchmark, which is better than a lot of i7s! (I recommend a score of 6500 as a minimum for high-def editing.)

Meantime remember that the preview you see in your Monitor panel is only a preview. It has nothing to do with how your final output will look. You can improve how it looks by right-clicking on the Monitor panel and selecting the option to view at a higher quality.

Also, if there is a yellow orange "render" line above your clips along the top of the timeline, press your Enter key to render the timeline (this line will then turn green). This will give you the best possible quality preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response whsprague @Steve.

Hi rarachb,

Sorry for your issue. I understand you are getting preview quality related issues.

Have you checked your final output? I agree with the suggestions provided above, yet we need to check the original preview of the file and the rendered preview as well as mentioned in these steps.

Also, if there is a yellow orange "render" line above your clips along the top of the timeline, press your Enter key to render the timeline (this line will then turn green). This will give you the best possible quality preview.

It would be better if you can share the screenshots. FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej,

final video has high quality as expected, only the preview was an issue. However when I opened new project, the preview quality has improved (acceptable level) even without rendering it. But still always when I open previous project, the issue appear again. So seems to me that it's probably related to specific project or project setting.

Do you know if it can be impacted by project quality video setting - default is Full HD, but for the problematic project I have opened it as 4K and then filled it by 2.7K videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Filling a 4K timeline with 2K footage means you have to scale the footage up to fill the frame.

This means image quality loss.

In the Preferences/General there is an option for draft of full quality timeline render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines