Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System:

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Memory : 32673MB(1600)

Windows Version : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Video Adapter : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Disk Drive : LITEONIT LMT-256L9M-11 MM SCSI Disk Device(238GB,SCSI)

Disk Drive : Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB SCSI Disk Device(931GB,SCSI)

Disk Drive : Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB SCSI Disk Device(931GB,SCSI)

DVD/CD-ROM Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N SCSI CdRom Device

OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

OS Version : 6.1.7601

OS Type : 64 bit

CPU Identification : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

CPU Generic Name : Intel64 Family 6 Model 12 Stepping 3

CPU Socket : SOCKET 0

Core Per Package : 4

Logical Per Core : 8

I used Movavi Screen Capture 5.2.1 to pull video from the net resulting in H.264 Codec/30 frame/1280x720 .MP4 video & 48 kHz,16-bit stereo audio. I made a 1:27:00 video titled “Song and Dance” with 24 scene markers & no end of movie marker. Using the Adobe “Faux Widescreen”  template, I made 4 menus with 6 scenes each with motion thumbnails. Fade in & out of each scene with 2 sec’s blank space between each scene. I had a few scenes named with a “&” and that seemed to change by itself so I replaced the “&” with “and” with better success. Everything renders with a green bar except a black & white scene which is grey. Looking at the timeline, I go to Tools/Movie Menu/Preview Disc. Choose “Select Scene” and after a yellow screen with a bunch of different language comes up and goes away (seems like that is a problem but I don't know what is causing that) the first menu loads with all six scenes finally animated. When I click the right arrow to advance to the next (2nd) menu… nothing works from that point on or the screen flashes alternately very quickly between the first & second menu.

I have reinstalled Premier Elements 13 and installed the updates. When I go to burn it with “Fit to disk” checked, it encodes Menu 1-4 then Encodes Media, then Compiles the Media, then shows to write to 4% and then won’t write and ejects the disk. Says “Something is preventing a successful DVD burn. Use the ISO image saved at the following location to burn your disc later.” I look in that file location (C:Users/(MY NAME)/My Documents/) but there is no “Song & Dance.iso” file there. The (MY NAME) directory is locked but I can make a new folder in My Documents. Then (most of the time) Premier Elements 13 freezes/crashes.

I read the info on creating disk menus (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/creating-disc-menus.html) but I may be missing something there. All of the pictures I used are 1280x720 @72ppi. I don't know if I needed to but I installed Quicktime 7 also.

I’m hoping someone might have some insight that would help. I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions.

IM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is intended to edit video from cameras that record in standard fixed frame rate formats.  Screen capture systems will use variable frame rates and Premiere Elements can choke on that. 

A common solution is to run the clips through a (free) program called Handbrake that will change the frame from variable to fixed.

A demonstration is here:  Fixing Out of Sync video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whsprague,

Thank you for this suggestion. As usual I forgot to mention in my original post that Movavi Screen Capture is set to output 29.970 FIXED fps video. I agree with you that variable frame rates will mess up a persons day. I've used Handbrake and it works very well. I'm in the process of changing all my still frame pix to 1000p wide and only 72ppi. I sure appreciate your suggestion! Keep them coming...

IM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines