• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 BSOD under PE 2019

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MS Windows 10, where Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 has crashed fot the 3rd time. Twice saving on 1080p, and once saving on 720p. Every time, it was serious enough to bring down the operating system. The BSOD code was a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Can anyone provide help or insight?

Paul King

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post computer specs and OS (be specific)

Update bios and make sure ram speed is set not too high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU is an Intel Core i7 4770k @3.5GHz (not overclocked)

RAM is Corsair 32GB DDR3 Dual-channel

Motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VI Hero (Socket 1150), Set to all defaults. Latest BIOS (UEFI) was in 2014, and this computer is  more recent.

Video is an NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 with 6GB video RAM.

I have been with tech support, and I was hoping they were going to contact me yesterday, but it appeared a supervisor was trying to contact me yesterday around 6:30PM, and it didn't display on my feed. I had it up until midnight and only then I logged off. I tried again today (Saturday), and I am not getting a response or a prompt as I usually get. I am guessing it must be because they are on holiday today.

The story up until now is twofold. I later got Microsoft technical support to see if they could troubleshoot the BSOD message. We worked on this for hours, adjusting many Windows settings and even after reinstalling Windows, the only thing we could conclude is that the error does indeed narrow down to Premiere Elements 2019, even with nothing else installed. Adobe support had a shot at this also, over the phone, and the case was raised so that a supervisor would look at this. This is the point I am at now, and after three days I am still awaiting a call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and after three days I am still awaiting a call."

There is a world wide pandemic going on. 

When I had a case recently I started a new chat.  It recognized where I had been in a previous chat and we picked up where it was left off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is a world wide pandemic going on. "

With all due respect, yes, I noticed. Then they should take that into account when scheduling a call for me. I would have felt a little better if they point-blank told me to wait three or four days rather than to wait one day for a call that never arrived. I could have made other plans with the intervening time.

"When I had a case recently I started a new chat.  It recognized where I had been in a previous chat and we picked up where it was left off. "

True, and usually I am prompted with a preamble, saying that someone was reviewing my case, or to just stand by. But today, nothing. I also noticed that the person who attempted the chat yesterday was followed by "conversation ended". There has been nothing else from the server after that. I had sent two short posts, but I have no indication that anyone (or thing, such as a server) is listening.

Just the same, I appreciate your response.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that Premeire Elements is a popular as I think it is, the BSOD is very rare.  I check this forum daily (a retirement "hobby"!) and have never seen a pattern leading to BSODs.  However, if I were to guess, it may be that your Nvidia driver is too new.   Other difficult isssues have been solved by "rolling back" the video driver.   

Be persistant in your effort to make contact through the chat system.  The majority of those providing feedback on the chat system here are positive.  

Anecdotally, the reason I adopted Premiere Elements 10 years ago was because, no matter what I did, I could get Sony's VEGAS Home Movie Studio to run and I couldn get a responce from their support.  A month after I went down the Adobe path and abandoned Movie Studio, I got an email from Sony that explained how to fix a "permissions" issue.   Sony ultimately sold the VEGAS line to Magix and reviews continue to be good! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this issue, I had appealed to Windows 10 Forums, and we identified a RAM error (only visible after several passes of Memtest86+), and disk errors on one hard drive (which was not visible under Scandisk/chkdsk, but with tools suggested by the forum guides there).

That resulted in the purchase of new RAM and a new replacement hard drive. After that, there have been no BSOD's to report from this application, so you can consider the problem overcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RAM and disk errors at the same time!  Ouch.  Thanks for posting that a solution was found.  That kind of trouble shooting is very hard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines