• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Premiere Elements 2019 Playback Freezing

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Elements 2019, the playback function freezes.  It freezes in various spots, not tied to any one point in the timeline.  Sometimes in the middle of a clip, sometimes after playing multiple short clips.  It will not playback for more than a few seconds before freezing.  I am editing the same project that I have been working on for two weeks with no issues. 

Nvidia graphics driver updated a few days ago.  I have disabled the graphics card to see if the problem persists and it does.  There must have been an update pushed out recently (last couple days) that is causing this issue.  I have made about 10 videos with Elements 2019 and have never had this problem- smooth playback from start to finish every time....until today. 

Please advise.  Thanks for any help.

Duane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duane,

There have been no updates pushed out.

Without asking a lot of question about your computer, footage, etc. would you try something on a hunch?

It is rare but some have discovered an audio setting that is troublesome.  It may be overloading the CPU causing slowdowns.

Go to Preferences > Audio Hardware and check that the Default Audio Input is "None".   If lucky, that will fix it.  If not, can you post more about your computer, memory, available clean disk space and type of footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it figured out.  It turned out to be an unrelated issue that was causing some hiccups on all my software.  My Premiere Elements is working fine now.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the benefit of others reading this, what was the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines