• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WINDOWS XP install on WINDOWS 7 Pro?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a combination Photoshop Elements / Premiere Elements years ago for a XP computer. Will it install and be useable on my newer Win 7 Pro system?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably.  But there are too many variables with making old software work on newer operating systems that get security updates.   You have a unique combination and only you can test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. So you're saying when I get security updates on Win 7 sometimes that interferes with legacy programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might also depend on which version of the program you're using. A 15 year old program on an 11 year old operating system is going to present a number of limitations. For instance, the first several generations of the program could only work with standard definition 720x480 miniDV tape-based video. Modern video formats like MP4 and M2T weren't supported until relatively recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good points. Thanks. Requirements on box states 1024 x 768 16 bit XGA needed. I'm running a 64 bit system so don't know if that's an issue. MP4 would definately be a drawback. Box says MP1, 2 and 3 among others like WAV and AVI. The MP3 says "import only"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MP3 says "import only"

...and you may not be able to activate the mp3 encoder, depending upon the Premuere Elements version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . .  and you won't be getting any security updates on Win 7 which is EOL . . .  unless you are willing to pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines