• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working w/multiple videos in Premiere Elements

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have videos on multiple tracks in Expert View (i.e. video 1, viedo 2, etc).  I want to resize the video on track 1 so I select (highlight) this clip in the  Project panel and then go up to the Monitor Panel and click on the resizing handles to drag it to the proper size.  But doing so deselects video 1 and selects one of the other videos in my project.  IOW, as soon as I click on a clip in the monitor panel, video 1 is unselected and video 5 becomes active.  How can I work with video 1 in the monitor panel when there are other video tracks in the same project?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will assist the folks who will try to help you by stating which version of Premier Elements you are using & on which platform (PC or MAC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the Monitor panel will only select the video on the upper-most video track.

Videos on tracks beneath it must be sized by selecting the clip on the timeline and change the Motion settings on the Applied Effects panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for the prompt response.  Not what I wanted to hear but I can stop beating my head against the wall wondering why it doesn't work as I expect.  Do you happen to know why it functions this way?  Clicking and dragging with a mouse is so much easier than typying numbers in a box. Why would they restrict that functionality to only the top clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, this is how every video editor (and photo editor) in the world functions.(Although some allow you to lock some tracks.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines