• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Writing an ISO to disc using Imgburn

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ultimate goal is to make a DVD to share with family, starting with either my video or using files sent to me to then return a DVD (NO... not a flash drive, this is for people who know how to put a DVD in a drive, and nothing else)

Sharing to disc gives a choice of going directly to the burn to DVD function, or the ability to create an ISO file

I normally go to an ISO file and then use IMGBURN to have more control over the actual disc writing process

While testing PrE with a short timeline (about 12 minutes) I put a CD-R in my drive... and lo and behold, Imgburn wrote the "DVD" ISO to the CD-R

So, for testing up to the 700Meg capacity of the CD-R blanks I have, I won't have to use more expensive DVD-R blanks

https://www.imgburn.com/ for ISO to disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program - DO be sure to uncheck anything you don't want from the "freeware" download site) Imgburn will also write files or folders of your choice to disc

NOTE - that movie CD-R plays properly in my computer drive, I have not tested to find out if it will play in a regular DVD player connected to a TV

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE - that movie CD-R plays properly in my computer drive, I have not tested to find out if it will play in a regular DVD player connected to a TV

That's interesting. Please let us know if it works.

I suspect, however, that it may work on some players but not on others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When burning an iso the program is not looking at the media itself. Its does not care if its a cd, dvd or bd.

That is why you can make an so called avchd disk but requires a bd player as its looking at the contenct and not the disk itself.

Couple of months ago I gave all my empty CDs away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a 3 year old Samsung DVD/BD player... gives a "disc format not supported" message

That's OK... for my short videos I'll just use my computer drive while testing different program features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines