• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intepret footage crash program

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i press intepret footage on a media the program crashes completely and this happens every time

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lasse Bruhn22499235azpt 

Coujld you please share more details around the type of media, the color space, the format and what exactly are you trying to update using the interpret footage dialog?

A screen recording would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am editing video footage from the Canon R6 MK II - Clog3 Cinema Gamut. The project is 1920x640 25 fps.

Im trying to intepret all the footage to override the colorspace from Rec.709 to Clog3 Cinema Gamut. The dialog box does not open and the program crashes isntead. This is both when doing it on all footage but also individual clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this issue. Interpret footage makes the program crash.
Tested on a Sony FX6 4K 25fps clip (Slog3.cine Colorspace) and a graphics clip codec Apple ProRes 4444 25fps

Timeline color space is Rec 709

Screen recording 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details.

We are looking into this and would get back to you at the earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this issue. PP crashes every time I click on anything in the modify panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have recently made a fix in the same which should be available as part of beta build 23.

Could you kindly help try with the same and let us know.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same/similiar issue with Premiere 24.4.1

Premiere doesn't crash thankfully. I cannot render working previews nor export working, smooth movies.

I have UHD 59.94 fps drone footage, mp4, I tried several times intepreting to 30 fps 1080 (from a DJ1 Mavic Air2). Yes, I was able to intepret thereby increasing duration by 50% (or very nearly 50 percent, 50.05%)  however, when I scaled to 50% (to display entire frame) and tried to render selection I am getting terrible playback. I tried this with and without my LUT. I cannot export either -- yes, I can export however the export is terrible -- video studders. I also tried exporting from a UHD timeline -- same effect when exporting and rendering preview.

Now before you say its a sequence setting or just use "speed/duration" I imported the same clip into my trusty Macbook Pro 2014 running Final Cut 10.6.4 and was able to modify the speed/duration using "automatic mode" which is very similiar to intepret (except it works). My 19 second clip turned into about a 38 second clip with gorgeous slowmotion.  Then, I exported the clip as a Prores and reimported into Premiere. This worked. My timeline is 1080 -- I successfully scaled and applied my LUT -- the clip now looks beautiful and I hate to say it as a recovering Apple fan-boy but Apple saved the day.

I feel strongly this is a bug somewhere deep down. Moreover, intepret footage is a pretty basic function and should work especially with new HFR video becoming more common. 60 fps is almost slow compared with 120 fps that is available on many cameras. If this issue is due to processor contraints, then rendering (even a long render time) ought to be able to enable smooth playback and allow for smooth video exports.

I am running a 2023 MSI laptop with 4080 GPU and Intel 13th Gen i9-13950HX, Windows 11. I am pretty sure that all my drivers and system settings are good and up to date. All the other Premiere effects, rendering, and exporting are running properly and running fast -which is awesome and so far I am happy with how the laptop chews through footage and eats bits for breakfast.

Am I missing something buried in my sequence settings? Does inteprete footage only reliably work with certain editing modes, i.e. DNxHR UHD? Should I intepret using Media Encoder and is this even possible?

Been non-linear editor for long time. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources