• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

22.0.0.63 M1 Mac - Caption Failure

Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a sequence from a file with a suitable audio track, open Captions Workspace, Click Transcribe, and accept the default.  
Result: Nothing happens - 
Expected: The same sequence in 15.4.1 works perfectly

This is the result after waiting 15 minutes. The activity monitor also shows Premiere Pro doing nothing but resting.

Captions Bug.png

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v22.0.0.63
    OS: macOS v11.5.2, RAM: 8.00 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 8

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

121

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to export that same Sequence to Waveform Audio? This would help us determine if it's a general render issue.

 

Thank you!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took a minute and 15 seconds to export a WAV file. Imported the WAV file into the existing sequence, muted the audio track, tried both Mix, and selected the new WAV track only. Nothing worked.

 

Created a new sequence with just the rendered audio track and successfully created transcription and captions. 

 

This led me to think that it was the format of the audio track in the project. All audio for this production, all 26 hours of source footage, was shot double system sound. Here are the specifications for the audio.

Source Audio Format.png

When I removed the 24-bit audio track from a copy of the sequence and replaced it with the rendered audio the problem was still there. If I created a new sequence from the rendered 16-bit audio file and added the video only. There were no problems were transcribing the audio.

 

As soon as I got the successful transcription render, I thought it must be the Sequence Settings so I changed the original sequence settings from 96Khz to 48Khz, and the captions rendered just fine. I almost always work with 96Hkz audio files because I almost always have some serious audio cleanup to do when working on documentary and feature film projects.

Settings fix.png

I am almost positive the bug is in the sequence settings. Premiere Pro Beta does not seem to be able to Transcribe anything that is not in a 48Khz sequence.

 

I hope this helps fix the bug.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for such great information! We actually discoverdd an issue with 96kHz export to MP3 (which is also what we use for Transcribe). Our developers are now looking into the issue.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources