• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust timing of captions when converted from Speech to Text transcript

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the early version of the Speech to Text feature and I love it. It is really accurate and easy to use. The only thing I don't like so far is that when it converts the transcript to captions (using the subtitle option), it creates captions that are often very short (less than 1 second). This is not usable for my purposes and I was wondering if there is a way to adjust this setting to force the captions to be longer when being converted from the transcript. Sometimes the caption is only 2 or 3 words and up for less than a second, making it very difficult to read and follow. I know I can merge captions, but that is a lot of extra work to go through and fix. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newer builds have settings for this. What build are you on?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Premiere Pro 2021 v15.2.0 (Build 35). It is possible the settings are there and I just haven't found them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only in more recent Beta builds. I'm up to 22.0.0 Build 7. Included there, but I'm sure it was in one of the 15.4 builds. I think the option is called "Autocaptioning segmentation options." But I do not find anything about it in this Beta forum.

Screenshot:

PR 2021 Captions 22_0_0_7 Transcript Create Captions Options.PNG

My quick tests suggested that this is not the magic it should be. And, for example, the max characters is 42 - a closed caption type limitation.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah excellent. I'll upgrade to the latest beta version and test it out. I have a lot of videos I have to caption and its a pain to combine caption lines because they are only visible for less than one second. 

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources