• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRAW support

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While opening a project, premiere doesn't support BRAW files, even while using the official BM plugin: Blackmagic_RAW_2.1b2

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're spending much time editing BRAW ... I would strongly recommend the Autokroma BRAW Studio plugin instead of the freebie from BM. That flipping BM one seems to always glitch every so often. The Autokroma one not only simply works, but gives other options like 10 different presets and such. Plus some other utilities.

It doesn't cost that much, and I figure it saved me enough time to cover the cost in the first couple days I had it. Plus Autokroma's user support is above and beyond.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if I should download the updated BMD plugin that came out March 10th 2021 or buy autokroma. I'll buy autokroma based on your recommendation. I've had a nightmare trying to export a 3 and a half-hour long sequence from my timeline. I had the project working with the BMD 1.5 v plugin, it seemed to fine initially but when I tried to render small sections, it gave me a lot of dropped frame errors, and finally the software crashed and my external hard drive crashed too, I wasn't able to get the footage off the drive and onto my internal hard drive, something I've learned I should have done to begin with.. But I have the project file, the latest version, and earlier versions before crashes from the autosave vault, I can reingest the footage onto my internal hard drive from another source and then hopefully reconnect media.  Have you ever had any problems working with big BRAW projects in Premiere ? Do you know, if need to convert my project file to accept the autokroma plugin, like this article  says:   https://www.autokroma.com/blog/How-to-convert-your-project-to-BRAW-Studio#third-step--launch-convers...

This is my first long-form 4K project and I'm learning as I go...thank you for any advice. 

Also, what would you say is the best setting for this project? It was shot 4k raw 24fps on two cameras URSA and the BMPC, the client would like 4K delivery, would you set it up under ProRes or Red? Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not had any problems whatever with Autokroma's BRAW plugin. I had constant problems with the BM freebie. And yea, if you run the old project file you'll need to convert that to the Autokroma plugin as per that article. With the ability to create presets for your BRAW settings within Autokroma, this is actually a helpful thing.

As to choosing between the 'setup' for the sequence for that project, I would suggest creating a custom 4k/24p sequence with a working color space of Rec.709 (now part of the options in the Sequence settings dialog). As both cameras use BRAW, I would test out a couple things and create presets of BRAW for each camera. Using those to 'normalize' the media to Rec.709. BRAW of course being a log type of recording.

For setting the preview format/codec for that sequence, what would your deliverable be? I would make the preview and render format/codec the same as the final 'master' deliverable assuming you'll be doing a ProRes or perhaps DNx high-Q master output. If you need H.264/5 or some other highly compressed file, I might make that from the 'master' file. Some don't of course.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: if you are using one of the new M1 Macs and the new native Premiere Pro Beta, third party plugins are currently not supported. They will be in a future update. You can instead install and use the release Intel version on your M1 Mac and third party plugins should work. Read more here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-premiere-pro-on-apple-silicon-m1/td-p/11691...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources