can't create a sequence for Kerstin interview

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

Windows Inspiron 7791

3. Steps: tried to follow instructions for beta use

Result: expected to import media and set up autotranscribe. Actual: can't import, sequence or practice editng. And there is no sound at one point in the clip which brings up a yellow sign, stops the playback, and then continues playback.

I'm not sure if this is a bug. I believe I imported the Kerstin Interview as a source because it plays. It loses audio at one point, but other than that, it seems to work. I checked the Transcription Settings and set them to ID speakers, since I thought there might be two speakers. However, there's no create transcript button at that point and no way to make this a sequence. So I have no transcript and no way to test edit per instructions. What did I do wrong? Every option in the menus is greyed out except for the few options, and I don't know if this is because I'm in a field or because only certain options are available.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Beta version (build) are you running?

Which tutorial are you trying to follow? Since the early "assemble rough cut" tutorials, the User Interface has changed a lot.

I am on 22.4 Build 37, and I have no difficulty importing Kirsten Inerview.mp4, creating a sequence, and transcribing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tutorial:Text Panel Enhancements (Part 2): Assemble Rough Cuts from Transcripts

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-part-2-assemble...

I don't know where part 01 of this is, or if there's something else to follow instead.

Premiere Pro Beta Build 37 --there's some other numbers before it but I'm not sure I'd copy them correctly.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

desine,

Thanks for the info.

"Part 1" was really an independent step of "enhancements."

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-pauses-navigati...

This is the newer post and tutorial, which follows the newer changes in the user interface:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-pauses-navigati...

When posted, the Beta was still in version 23.3.0, and we are both now on 23.4.0 (Build 37). So there may be changes. Keep asking questions!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources