• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Folder

Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I am missing something but there doesn't seem to be a way to import a folder from the Import Section in the PP Beta on Mac.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now there is no way to import the folder itself though we did add a select all functionality via keyboard shortcut to select all items in a given directory.  Since you are on Mac, just use <CMD>+<A>

Thanks for your feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know. I figured that out right after realizing that click and drag to multi–select or multi–select with shift didn't work in the new import panel. However, being able to select all files in a folder doesn't in any way replace the functionality of being able to select folders and sub–folders and having them automatically converted into bins and sub–bins. If I go to the trouble of media management with the files and folders on my drive I appreciate the current functionality the Import dialog affords of of automatically preserving that structure when I import into the Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. We are hearing this feedback regarding bin selection/creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree wholeheartedly with thepixelsmith.  I like many editors try to do my very best to organise my media "pre-edit", by organising my project into one main folder and populating various sub folders to catagorise these further.  Currently with the new Premiere (Beta) import method, I can not simply import my MEDIA folder and all of its contents that I already have broken downinto further sub category folders (i.e. Video, Audio, GFX, VizFX ETC.

With the new import method, I now have to go through selecting clip by clip (or ctrl A to select all) and with no ability to simply select a folder and import that along with all of the sub folders and ctheir contents contained inside it.  This method actually makes importing much longer and laborious... it's a totally backward step!  I just can't see how this is supposed to be advantageous.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reg,

Definitely an issue about needing to add 'bins' of media ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources