• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete key erases reversely with new caption workflow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm adding subtitles with new caption workflow, Delete key erase backward not forward like Backspace key. Please, fix this bug.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The captions workflow thread is very long. I'm posting this here. But let us know: do you still want all caption buts/comments posted there?

This odd functioning of the delete key (works as backspace in Program Monitor; works as expected in Text Panel) is present in the 15.0.0 release and my latest Beta install - 15.1.0 Build 26. I did not see any explanation as to whether this is considered a bug - which I think all users do.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the new captions workflow is part of the main 15.x version rollout, I think maybe captions discussions on that should probably be in the main forum unless they are clearly the beta version.

Speech-to-text is still beta, but I think everything else in the beta captions stuff is in the public release now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. I"m also tempted to think that way, but...

Since the problem remains in the latest Beta, I think reporting as an issue goes here in the Beta forum. And even though the major caption workflow is now in the main release, the fixes to bugs in that official release will come through the beta.

Since it is a public beta, I see no problem saying, in the regular forum, such things as "its a bug, its been reported in the beta forum, and it remains in the latest beta version."

It is an oddity of the public nature of the beta, that it makes more sense to me to report bugs here (as instructed in the beta), rather than, for example, uservoice.

@Trent Happel Trent, what do you recommend? Thanks to all of you staff getting the caption workflow into the Release!

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The goal of the Beta forum is to discuss Beta features.

Since the new Captions has shipped in Premiere Pro 15.0, Caption issues can be reported in the main User to User forum. Since Transcription is still Beta, those issues can be reported in the Beta forum.

These are just guidelines and I understand it gets a bit blurry when you are reporting issues in shipping version of Premiere Pro that still occur in a Beta build. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Trent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report. This issue should be fixed in Premiere Pro Beta build 027+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources