• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss: New way to control how label colors and clip names are displayed in the timeline

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New in Premiere Pro Beta 15.2 (Build 9) is a refined workflow for controlling how label colors and clip names are displayed in the timeline. Previously you could use a checkbox in the Project settings called “Display the project item name and label color for all instances” to control if your timeline clips used their own independent name and label color or matched the source clip in the Project panel. Now, this option has been removed from the Project Settings and can be found as a view option in the wrench menu in the Timeline panel called “Show Source Clip Name and Label”.

This change means you can easily toggle this view setting via a keyboard shortcut. Additionally, if you are working in a Production you now have a way to control this setting and decide if you want your clip name and label colors to be unique to the timeline, or reflect the source clips.

Let us know how this feature is working for you!

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 14.42.00.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-29 at 14.43.13.png

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using merge clips for most joining of audio/video isn't considered a "best practice" ... as guaranteed, you lose all the audio metadata in that process.

They strongly suggest merging video & separate audio by the multcam process, which seems a bit of a misnomer because it isn't only intended for the full 'multic-camera' process. It's the intended process for linking any video/audio files together. And it keeps the audio metadata in any resultant export process.

But if you don't have camera audio to use to match with the separate audio, or alternatively, the timecode, well ... that's a bit of a problem, ain't it?

I take it you don't have camera audio nor timecode to match the files with?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the feature to work after missing around for a bit so I am good now.

To answer your question we use cameras that don't recored audio and the only way to sync them is doing it manually and then merge the video with the audio so that way whenever you check the source clip it is synced up with the audio already.

I hope my explanation is understandable 

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad you don't have timecode. Then you could also use the Multicam process, which actually ... the preferred "link" there by the devs is timecode.

And the M-C process doesn't have all the limitations of the merge-clips process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain how  the multi cam process works.

If I have two cameras that rolled at the same time I basically put them on top of each other and sync them togther to the audio.

Is that what the multi cam process means, if not I would love to know how it functions.

Best regards 

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources