• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss : Nvidia Hardware Accelerated Encode for H264/HEVC

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest Adobe Premiere Pro Beta build we have enabled Hardware Accelerated Encoding through Nvidia GPU card.

If you have Nvidia GPU card on your Windows machine, you will be able to use this feature.

To enable this option, select H.264/HEVC from the Format drop-down under Export Settings. Then under the Video tab, go to Encoding Settings and set the Performance to Hardware Encoding. Setting it to Software Encoding will disable hardware encoding and Adobe Premiere Pro won't use Nvidia HW to encode the media. Please see attached screenshot.

Feature is enabled in Adobe Premiere Pro Beta , Adobe Media Encoder Beta and Adobe Premiere Rush.

Please try out the feature and share your feedback.

enable_hardware_encoding.jpg

[Image embedded by mod]

TOPICS
Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Nvidia Encode support is now available in the released (non-Beta) versions of:
- Media Encoder 14.2
- Premiere Pro 14.2
- Premiere Rush 1.5.12

Thank you to all for your feedback during the Feature Development. 

Thanks

Brajesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

my performance is grey.

vga : gtx980ti

cpu : intel 7700k

driver version : 445.87

premiere pro : 14.1

intel vga is disable.

how can do activate?

thanksManisoft004.jpg

If we do only what we know, we will never progress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Nvidia Encode support is now available in the released (non-Beta) versions of:
- Media Encoder 14.2
- Premiere Pro 14.2
- Premiere Rush 1.5.12

Thank you to all for your feedback during the Feature Development. 

Thanks

Brajesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Не дает при кодировании выбрать н264. Программа зависает. Другие форматы кодирует.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is such feature avaiable in adobe premiere elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having trouble getting Media Encoder 14.2 to export with Hardware acceleration when Premiere 14.2 will let you? M4000 on latest Studio Driver, also tried 431.70

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I've been using Premiere Pro BETA 14.2 (now 14.3.x) for some time now. I've recently bought a RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card to utilize NVENC. At first it worked OK - the encoding speed was amazing but I'm getting no or close to none hardware acceleration when encoding my videos:

Huckstero_0-1591377677645.png

My hardware setup is:

- i9-9900k / AORUS Z390 PRO WIFI mainboard

- 32GB RAM

- Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super

- Windows 10 Preview  - version 10.0.19640

- NVIDIA Drivers - 450.82

- Premiere Pro 14.3.1

What drivers setup do I have to have in order for hardware acceleration to work? This one seems to be slacking....

Huckstero_1-1591378061504.png

Cheers!

Tomasz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomasz,

does it happens with any project?

Just for instance if you are using any effect on the clip you are exporting that is not GPU accelerated you loose the Cuda acceleration at all.

Have a nice day,

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing when you use MXF files from Canon XF 705

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio issues for Canon and Sony are fixed. A new version will be issued shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is where I post this. Please redirect if needed. I have downloaded the Premiere Beta, mainly for the hardware accellaration. I have a Windows 10 machine, i7-6800K CPU, 64Gb ram, and am running two Titans (that I have just updated to latest drivers. I can select Hardware accelaration but get the message 'Your system's hardware does not support hardware accdelaration for teh curring settings. I am choosing H.264, and any of the presets. With HEVC, I don't even get teh option for Hardware Accleatrated... Plese help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have enabled Nvidia decode in latest Premiere beta build. Please refer to https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-nvidia-gpu-decode-for-h264-amp-hevc/td-p/11... for details. Looking forward to get your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a really great news! I see that scrubbing performance in Premiere BETA 14.5.0 is a bit less responsive than in Windows Movies & TV app, so I think there is a slight room for impovement, but overall I am very happy that this feature will finally be native in Premiere Pro. Been waiting this for years! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources