Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics XML "storage type"

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a technical question - so more for the Adobe team

While in versions prior to the 2021 release the "GraphicsAndType" where saved as a JSON and base64 encoded in the XML.

This finally did allow a "best of 2 worlds" handling of GraphicsAndType & Caption workflow since it was not "either or" and also could be used for other "timed graphics"

Now with PPro 2021 "GraphicsAndType" are stored in a different format. I can't find any documentation about that.

Any hints???

P.S. for the PPro team
Great job done with the new subtitle workflow.
One thing on my wish list: swap GraphicsAndType & Caption and vice versa - others have already mentioned this.

TOPICS
Feature request , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I tested release 2021 and installed the current 2021 beta I've to change my comment from above:

P.S. for the PPro team
Great job done with the new subtitle workflow.

Sorry – this thing is going nowhere.

While all the little glitches, missing documentation (in regards of workflow) and other workflow things can be excused this new version does make a creative and collaborative workflow impossible.

As said above: a non documented "GraphicsAndType" format, now the lack of XML import/export makes this version useless – not only for me.

Good thing for me: I can build new workflows for Open/Closed Captions based upon EDL and have some chats about the 'good old times' with customers 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources