• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Page

Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there is no way to answer a post in Idea.

I am posting this here;

No way to see previous exports.

2022-04-17_11-58-55.png

AnnBens_0-1650190111173.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1650290564956.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO totally agreed.

I don't understand why it was even 'built' for first looking at on scratch paper without having the ability to see previous exports. Checking naming of prior exports, at times choosing to over-write one ... all typical parts of the process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are similar issues with the 'new project' page, I don't understand why they changed a perfectly standard Windows dialogue for this new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, check me on this. I assumed the same, since I am so annoyed every time I name my "test" project with an update. I thought it must have changed for new projects with version 15. But the oldest CC I have is 2019 and it is the same. And CS6.... the same!

The "new" method is pick a directory (from a standard windows dialogue, but directories only visible) and type a filename in a text box (in the case of export, the sequence name as the starting text).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new project looks different but is the same as in previous versions.

new project.png

Its the export tab that is driving me up the wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, you're correct it is the same in all versions, I was wrong to assume you could see the file names. I must be getting old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I must be getting old.

That's what happened to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this has been the common (and fair) complaint on the new Export module.

While it might not be a fully sufficient replacement, the Quick Export function at least still maintains the combined File Name + Destination picker, which does let you see existing files. For exports that can adopt a preset "as is" this should work.

That said, I'd be all for Adobe bringing in that combined picker into the new Export module. I'd have to imagine that could be done in some way or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, if the Adobe folks happen to be digging this deep in the comments to begin with, one way I could see approaching this if the [Save As] button suggestion Ann made doesn't work for some technical reason:

• The top level "Media File" destination in the new Export Module uses the combined "File Name + Destination" picker (same as in Quick Export) which lets users see existing files and set their name and directory at the same time.
  • All other destinations (including new "Media File" destinations users add to the left toolbar) use a seperated File Name field, and Location picker. 

This way, I think you get the best of both worlds. Users who want to reference that information can do so by default, but it still allows users to save predefined directories as destinations on the leftside toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the new export page is more frustrating than helpful. 

Here are the parts that I find frustrating: 

• Aforementioned issue where we have lost the ability ot see files and can only select a folder. 
    • On Windows I think this has a side effect of not populating the file you just exported into the "recent files" section of windows explorer. I had grow accustomed to using that area to quickly open the file for QC and sharting ETC. This is frustrating. 
  • All presets are grouped into one big dropdown regardless of export codec. This gets very confusing fast when you have adobe supplied h.265 and h.264 presets with basically the same name. Also when I have a format selected like .wav and go to the presets why would I want to see a bunch of irrelevant video presets. This change makes almost no sense to me. At least group them or show what format they belong to in the dropdown somehow? 
    • scrozier_0-1650910319987.png

Example of very similar adobe preset names but some are h.264 some are h.265 but no way to tell. 

• Useful settings buried under too many clicks. 
    • This was brought up a lot in beta but ignored. BITRATE / GPU -on/off / maximum depth / maximum quality / are all things I change on a nearly export to export basis. Why is bitrate buried so far down the list. 
  • Use previews still not working for anything other than a smart render. 
  • Overall the export page is a downgrade in functionality and ease of use. Many requests in the beta forum were dismissed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Overall the export page is a downgrade in functionality and ease of use. Many requests in the beta forum were dismissed. 

I truly cannot stand the new export page. I rolled back.

I don't understand why they added so many clicks. So much new UX friction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you carefully go through, unstar ALL the system presets you'll never use, create presets with every option you use selected, it can work fine for some things. The problem with no filenames showing in the Filename (location) drop-down is noted and will be fixed soon.

And for getting the old dialog, which is more useful for many users, simply ... immediately ... hit the Queue to MediaEncoder button, and do your exports from there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would perhaps use Media Encoder, except I use dynamic link a lot and Media Encoder has exported things incorreclty one too many times, causing QC headaches. I've lost all trust in that program. Sometimes audio is off too for no reason. I prefer to export out of Premiere unless I have a huge amount of versioning I need to do then I always boil it down to a master video file from Premiere before I export en masse from Media Encoder.

Basically export settings were pefectly fine before this version. They put on a new coat of paint with some good ideas (preset manager on paper sounds decent, but why not just copy the more organized one from media encoder) and a lot of bad ones.  I'm hoping they can get it sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I use this new export page day to day the more infuriating it becomes. Burn the new export window with fire, and we might not even cry as our 600$+ a year per seat were boondoggled on this mess and not on something actually useful, like batch synching dual system sound with timecode. Or instant auto save, or being able to see waveforms as you drag them, or any of the other things that make a modern NLE professional and, well modern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider heading over to the UserVoice page for feedback. Make sure you: vote for a thread, leave a comment, and mark it Critical priority. Adobe's response in this particular thread is rather aggressive & infuriating: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45062362-the-new-export-scr...

No clue what they were thinking letting that guy pop off. Hopefully someone who actually cares reads that thread at some point.

Here's another one related to the export overhaul: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45034867-new-export-tab-is-...

And one more: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45053116-premiere-pro-22-3-...

It's best to vote for all three, if you can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the three UV links, Wiz ... one I'd already voted for, but two others I hadn't.

Got all three now ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went through them the other day I'm all over it. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Export window has simply runied my enjoyment of Premiere Pro. It is a clunky, counter intuitive interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, so ... don't use it.

Send to MediaEncoder. Same exports with the old dialog and without stopping Premiere while the export is done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe they just improve the export window rather than make it worse and not create a situation where I have to now load a 2nd app to do the work I was doing perfectly fine before 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me really isn't a "different app". Not underneath. Nor is it a completely separate department of Adobe as far as staffing.

Me is the "home" of all encoding for Adobe's DVAs ... the digital video apps. They 'embed' some of Me's code in both Pr & Ae so those two apps can do some parts of the encoding process without bringing the rest of the code online.

But it's the same code. Precisely. Just that, when you "officially" bring up the Me UI, you see the whole enchilada available, not just the bits ported into Pr & Ae with little mini-control panels.

So you prefer the mini-version, don't like the full-on encoding engine with all the controls?

Personally, I rarely export directly from Pr. Why would I? It simply stops my working in Pr while it runs the embedded encoding. I'd get exactly the same encode with more options and without stopping Pr in Me.

Send to Me ... take a moment (but only if I want to) to add additional work to the job ... hit start queue, go back to Pr and get to work. While Me is working around my work in Pr.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it loads seperately, it's a different app despite it being the same code base. Exporting directly form Premiere is vastly quicker. I work in a high turnover industry so every time saver counts.

Sending projects to ME from Premiere and even AE is hit and miss at the best of times. Where as directly exporting from Premire is just efficent and to be blunt, easier. As you state many times on other threads. We are all different creatures and work in different ways. What you percieve as a better work flow, many of us find to be inhibiting. As it is with the new exporter. Adding extra steps to my workflow is not a progressive step.

Like alot users here, I have been using Premiere since the mid 90's and AE almost as long. It's evident from the many comments on the threads that the Export module and even the Import module (this one isn't a concern me as much) has been poorly recieved by experienced users. My opinion is that, this is not a case of users just not liking change, but of poor development decisions and bad UI design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gonna disagree on the Pr Export UI design at all. Too "Resolve-ish" for me, really. I don't "like" it, but then, I don't "like" working in Resolve either. But I do.

And you're right, we all work differently. I hate stopping work for a while, while Pr makes an export. I suppose it does give nice breaks. And the only time I've ever seen Me "slower" is when Me pauses for moments while it's working in the background, which is as designed.

So it doesn't slow down Pr.

In Me, I've known of two Preference settings some have used to alter behavior. The first is "import sequences natively" and if a sequence export has a problem, that's the first thing to uncheck. I know quite a few who just leave that off all the time.

The second Preference in Me is was of course the one to have Me work in the background. But I can't find that pref in the current versions, so it must have been built into the app as a hard-code thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources