• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Volume Scrubbing through `Clip Volume` Affected Clips

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Clip Volume effect on a music audio clip and use the playback it plays at the correct volume. For example, if I set the Clip Volume effect to be at -20 db, it plays back at -20 db correctly. However, instead if I scrub through the clip on the timeline without simply pressing play it scrubs through at full volume which can be jarring and hurt your ears while you're going through clips. I don't think this is intentional, or at least I hope it isn't.

Additionally, bit of a side note, the save system info to clipboard when clicking report a bug does not seem to work.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Installed RAM: 64.0 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor (Windows 10)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just looked at this using the inbuilt  bars and tone. I tried clip volume in effects control, audio gain in the right click menu and fader adjustment in the clip mixer and all seemed fine the scrub level was the same as the play level.

Windows 11

i9

64Gb ram

2070 Super

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard, sorry for the late reply, I never seemed to get any notifications or emails for anyone replying to the post even though I have it set to notify me.

Admittedly this isn't an urgent issue regardless, but it is still one I believe should be fixed. I just tested it out with bars and tone and it had the exact same issue. See both the video I provided in the original post and the one I'm attaching to this reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you're using the Essential Sound panel. I have just tried reducing the level in that panel as you did and I get the same fault. Other methods of clip level work ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So as a temporary fix we should avoid the Essential Sound panel until it's fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources