• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it me or have the last couple of beta releases got REALLY slow?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 22.0.0 Build 71, and I've noticed that the last couple of releases have really struggled with playback. I've been working on the same project for a week or so, on the same PC, same footage, same drives etc, but each time I've updated PPro, it's got more and more laggy and reluctant to play stuff back. For example, I have a 1920x1080 25fps sequence, with some 1920x1080 25fps footage in it - nothing too challenging. I've added a few 'Mister Horse' transitions (it adds two adjustment layers and a sound effect). In last week's PPro versions, it'd play back real-time, no problem, every time. In Build 71, I'm lucky if I see one frame of the transition. Nearly all my timeline is red (last week it was grren or yellow). I have a simple Lumetri grade on some of the shots - if I open the project in the public release version of PPro (15.4.1 Build 6), those shots are marked as yellow in the timeline and play back perfectly. The 'Mister Horse' transitions also play back perfectly (despite being red in the timeline).

Is there some issue with the beta version that will be fixed in the final release? Or is there some new, worse architecture behind the scenes that is breaking stuff?

My specs:

Windows 10.0.19043

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core

GPU: RTX3090 24GB VRAM (Nvidia drivers up to date)

RAM: 128GB

Footage is on a Samsung 980PRO 2TB M.2 drive.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Yes, this particular issue was fixed with build 78

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is some bug in the latest Premiere Pro from Build 70 which is causing the GPU renderers to get disabled. That is why, you are seeing slowdown since everything is running in CPU. We are working on it and it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would you say not to update until at least build 72?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can hold off updating for 1 or 2 builds. These issues should be fixed in a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this GPU issue been fixed yet? (I'm currently on 22.0.0 Build 102). PPro still seems quite slow and drops many frames and is generally slow to start playing stuff. And pretty much refuses to play anything backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this particular issue was fixed with build 78

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources