• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make an apple (1.96 gamma) version of Display Color Management

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like there to be an option for mac users to have a quicktime version of display color management to match quicktime, youtube, fcp x and resolves rec709-a. Or to set the timeline to rec709-A instead of 2.4

I know this isnt technically correct and wont match a broadcast monitor, and will look darker outside of the apple system, but it would be good to have an option for creators instead of using the export compensation lut. (Sorry Neil)

In resolve there are 3 options to check (Use mac display profile, read all rec709 clipsas rec709-A, and set timeline/export to rec709-A) Ideally this would be all done with one button in the preferences and could be set once instead of needing to set it for each project. 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! We are working on exactly that feature right now. What would you like us to call it? I'm only half joking: I was literally just on a Slack chat with our team discussing the right term for it. We're leaning towards "Viewer Gamma", as the intent of the feature is to let you choose a gamma that Premiere Pro will use to display your media. 

The feature will be in our public beta within a few weeks and will ship in the Fall. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing news! I like the idea that you can select the gamma yourself, as 2.2 would be a good middle ground between broadcast and apple. Viewer gamma sounds good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources