• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge clips _Impossible to edit from source monitor

Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joining  of two clips  ( audo + video ) in a merge clips option, creates a new clip , but it is not possible to edit the clip from the source window. There is no possibility to put mark in and further edit. his is a bug of the program for a very long time not corrected. 

TOPICS
Bug , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Merge clips" is a funky process, with many troubles.

Use "create multicam" instead, even when you've got only one camera and one audio. In fact, you can have a whole bin of camera clips with remote audio, select all create multicam, and it will create a 'multicam' of each video/audio pairing.

You can use "top/tail" Q/W editing on multicam but can't on merged clips, among other things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil, thanks for the answer.
Yes, I know the option Jeril Leirpool is pushing in his book,  but that doesn't solve the case.
OK, suppose I use "Create Multicam"  instead of Merge Clips, but it doesn't make me independent clips with pure sound from Lav microphones,

because while  editing  "Multicam sequence" clip , if I want to make a match frame on my sequence  I go back to the original  file with the original sound and that's bad ...

I would like to have independent clips synchronized with new  sound.
The interesting thing is the trick  when I make a couple  of these clips and then I go  in the console. (F12 ) I can select the option AllowMergedclipstobeopenedAsSequences  -true 

It's suddenly I can do Mark in on the all Merge Clips in the source monitor,

but if I want to create addtional  Merge Clips. once I've chosen AllowMergedclipstobeopenedAsSequences - true eariler 

then again an error occurs.
What's interesting is that these functions work in Avid, DaVinci Resolve and even in FCP7. The most important thing in this option is to create a new clip, which you use as a source clip withe the right sound combined. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources