• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mogrt slider only allows integers for motion graphics templates in Premiere Pro

Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a mogrt in AE and bring it into PPro, any sliders I added cannot (easily) have non-integer values. For example, I have just made a mogrt where you can specify (in seconds) the time before a piece of text fades off. This would normally be somewhere around 5 seconds...maybe 4.5....maybe 8.3....whatever. But the only way for the PPro user to specify these decimal values is to click on the number and type in the value - not very user-friendly. And then, the value displayed beside the slider is an integer - not the actual value.

A solution to this would be if, when creating the mogrt in AE, we had some kind of "precision" attribute we could set, and PPro would respect this and display the value with the correct number of decimal places. And the slider woudn't round the value to integers when being dragged.

hellopaul4_0-1669220286067.png

TOPICS
Feature request , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some similar MOGRTs with time adjustment options and agree this would be very useful and much more user friendly than having to type the value every time. All other text fields for non-MOGRT properties show 1 decimal place by default and when you click in the field, you can see any additional decimal places. This should be the same for MORGT values without having to specify anything in AE.

There's a feature request for this you should vote for:
Essential Graphics and Morgt from After Effects need decimals in slider option – Adobe video & audio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of 23.0, we support the display of decimal values on sliders. You have to add a decimal in the range if you want them to work in Premiere though. 2.0 to 60.0 in order for it to not round to the closest integer. 

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources