• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Now released] AAF export now available in beta

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is now shipping in the October 2022 release of Premiere Pro. Questions or comments about it should be posted to the main Premiere Pro forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro

----------

Exporting Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) files is now available in beta for Premiere Pro customers using Apple silicon Macintoshes. Previously, customers had to launch Premiere Pro in Rosetta mode to export AAF files.

We’re eager to get feedback on this change: the work we did to make AAF export work on Apple silicon also involved an update of our AAF support to a newer version of Avid’s format.

Regards,

Fergus

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

If you downloaded a PPro beta build, you'll see a "File --> Export --> AAF..." menu item. 
If you downloaded a PPro release build, you won't see that menu item, unless you run PPro in Rosetta mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Fixed in 23.1 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fergus, any chance of *importing* embedded AAFs in the future?

Resolve does this pretty neatly by linking to the media *within* the embedded AAF (although it falls down on not then being able to project manage the embedded media to separate files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make AAF export work.  Apple silicon is nearly 2 years old so it's not all that new nor novel anymore.  I'm not sure why this can't be done.  While you're at it, please make Loudness Radar work with Apple Silicon becuase that too doesn't work.  Feels to me like Adobe decided no one with Apple silicon had any reason to export to a mixer who prefers AAF over OMF and has no reason to have any idea what the LKFS of thier audio looks like other than a standard bar meter.  It's a real drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make AAF export work...I'm not sure why this can't be done. 

AAF export works on MacOS ARM machines, in PPro beta, today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I downloaded a few days ago a new version of Premiere from the Adobe site and I can't seem to find the AAF export choice when I click on File/Export. I'm on a new MacBook Pro. What can I do to find it? My sound editor can only work with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you downloaded a PPro beta build, you'll see a "File --> Export --> AAF..." menu item. 
If you downloaded a PPro release build, you won't see that menu item, unless you run PPro in Rosetta mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, I just downloader the beta version and it's solved !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for supporting native AAF export on Apple Silicon machines. However, work still needs to be done with AAF importing.

The bug which I reported here, regarding unplayable sequences when importing Avid AAFs that link to ProRes .mov files containing audio tracks in them, persists in Premiere 2023.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in 23.1 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG thank you! Just tested it with the beta, and can confirm that everything does appear to work now. Mahalo!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources