• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Beta on Mac M1 Air

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere Pro Beta on a Mac M1 Air.

Immediately saw better performance of C4K 10 bit clips with just a tiny bit of lag.

However when I try to Export or Queue - it throws up the message that it can't find Media Encoder - even though ME is present with my installed Premiere 14.7.0.

I guess the BETA will only work fully when they release ME BETA? 

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, not sure the mac air is gonna meet minimum specs but it's early days... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the BETA looked promising but until export and a Beta of ME appears the PP Beta is kind of useless.

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to beta forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the article about Pr beta and the M1 at the top of the page under annoucement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jmm0202 Regardless of whether it's Intel or Apple Silicon versions, if you're using Premiere Pro (Beta) it can only queue to Media Encoder (Beta). This is why your Apple Silicon native version of Premiere Pro (Beta) is not queuing to your non-Beta version of Media Encoder.

While there is not yet an Apple Silicon native beta version of Media Encoder, you should see a "Media Encoder (Beta)" in the Beta section of Creative Cloud. This is the Intel version, but you can install it on your M1 Mac and then queue to it from the Apple Silicon Premiere Pro Beta. Keep in mind that the performance of exporting via the Intel Media Encoder Beta will be less than the native Premiere Pro Beta because of the Rosetta translation happening for Media Encoder.

I know it's kind of a word salad to explain that, so the short version is that this should work on your M1 Mac:

Apple Silicon Premiere Pro (Beta) -> queue to -> Intel Media Encoder (Beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources