• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2021 (15.2) Mac Hangs on Export - Program does not hang, just export at 25%

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frustrating.

Using a Fall 2020 iMac here, with version 15.2.0

I have the same problem trying to export. Either in premiere pro or media encoder, the progress stalls at 25%

I have tried software encoding vs hardware, I have tried copying the timeline and pasting in a new sequence, none of these things work.

I have rendered out the timeline and tried using previews, and also without previews.

Any ideas how to get this to export?

I will note, the program does not hang, I can always cancel the render and it so the application works just fine.

Thanks for any suggestions!

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Hello steven,

Are you using any effects in your timeline? the export might be pausing on a third party plug in or effect

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Okay, so I wil say thank you for the comments and make this the "solution" in that I had to let this sit OVERNIGHT and when I got up in the morning it actually DID finish the render and is fine.

I think it would come down to the fact I was using some transitions from Motion Array, and they must just be incredibly hard to render out.

I come to that conclusion because when I tried this in media encoder which gives you a preview of the frame you are currently working on, I could see clearly where it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello steven,

Are you using any effects in your timeline? the export might be pausing on a third party plug in or effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would mark this as the correct answer but I did post my own "solution" with more details where I come to the same conclusion as you.

Seems like yes, third party transitions downloaded from motion array caused this problem. It was just rendering something extensively for a long long time.

Considering this is a 10 core i9 with a 16 gigabyte ATI radeon 5700xt pro card, I was NOT anticipating something as simple as transitions would cause the hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving thread to beta forum as 15.2 is still in beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics,, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I wil say thank you for the comments and make this the "solution" in that I had to let this sit OVERNIGHT and when I got up in the morning it actually DID finish the render and is fine.

I think it would come down to the fact I was using some transitions from Motion Array, and they must just be incredibly hard to render out.

I come to that conclusion because when I tried this in media encoder which gives you a preview of the frame you are currently working on, I could see clearly where it was stuck, and it was on these transitions I had layered atop one another.

Sorry to post up here. I have had so many problems with Premiere pro in the past. I went to Final Cut for a while but there are too little options for audio so I switched back recently to PP and expected this was just another "bug" in the software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources