Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with multi-line captions with partially-transparent background fills

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-12-11 10_27_32.2021-12-11 10_29_05.gif

When caption background fills are set to "per-line" mode, partially-transparent fills will overlap one another.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I get the same thing. The question for the engineers is what it should look like.

One workaround for now, if you want a continuous box without the overlap, is to reduce the background box so that it is somewhat smaller, increase leading between lines, and avoid the overlap.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the workaround. I was able to get it pretty close, but it was impossible to eliminate the gap/overlap entirely. But this would work in a pinch! 

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 5.04.01 PM.png

I was hoping this would have been addressed in the revamped text engine in 22.1.1 that was released December 14, but no luck so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources