• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Observation of Metadata & Timecode Burn-In Effect

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This effect was brought to my attention today, decided to check it out. Likely won't have to use it much myself, but I can see this being handy for tons of folks: A more expanded version of the TC generator, very nice!

That said, one thing I recalled about the current TC generator isthat... it isn't very great at generating timecode, and I noticed this new beta effect still has the same issue. I specifically am referring to timecode conversions, and how it handles it (or the lack thereof).

When selecting timebases other than the source timebase, it doesn't do any calculations or conversions, it just changes the target frame # at to which increment the seconds counter, resulting in differing real time values. (iex 00;00;10;15 in 29.97 DF is 00:00:13:03 in 23.976 as opposed to 00:00:10:12.). I guess it's just doing [Raw Frame #] / [Timebase Choice] = Timecode.

Just figured I'd mention it, could be something useful for someone one day if corrected! Or maybe I'm missing something and it's purposely done this way. Anyways, that's all!

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that this new effect can also be useful in the multi-cam sense. If you apply this effect to your clips before you create a multi-cam sequence, you would actually have the names and/or shot names for each angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would probably have to tag your clips in the project panel beforehand to take advantage of this. I'm surprised multi-cam hasn't gotten a tune up yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kes Akalaonu - Yeah that is exactly a scenario I was thinking that might be useful to some. The new beta effect does support a lot of metadata fields though: perhaps with more robust metadata ingest down the road, this can be expedited quite a bit.

As for Multi-cam, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a pass at some point too. Adobe seems to be going through and swapping out legacy modules with newer modules 'brick by brick'. You can see the slightly different UI in those newer modules, so I'm sure over time nearly everything will get a new "version" of it. Although to MC's credit, it still does exactly what I need it to consistently, so I have no major complaints there for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fingers cross we seem MC get an upgrade in the near future. It does still get the job done but I would've hoped we would see something by now. Maybe with Prelude gone and the soon to be Frame acquistion, multi-cam can see a streamlined upgrade.

In regards to the metadata effect, I seem to come up with that idea when I was helping someone on Reddit with multi-cam editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kes Akalaonu 

Ha, we might have crossed paths. I'm on the premiere subreddit (under a different username) and I recall having a similar conversation about MC then too. "Small internet" I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources