• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send exports to MediaEncoder now DIRECT from keyboard shortcut from timeline panel!

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new beta build has a new option available in Keyboard shortcuts:

Send Directly to Media Encoder

And if you give that a keyboard short, with an active sequence in the timeline, you go DIRECTLY to Me without needing to use the "Export" page, and can then set your export name & presets & such "the old way".

Thank you to the Team for this option ...

Neil

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great start, could also be a standard mapped short cut...

at the same time;  I wonder why there is even the standard export when ME will do everything well - why do they bother to hang on to the premier export feature at all (could be replaced with ME and would we even miss it?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me's the "master" code for all rendering/exporting in Premiere. They have parts of it 'buried' in the Premeire code, so yes, you can export technically without Me installed ... but why would you not want to install it? Odd but I do know some users do not want "another app" cluttering up their machine.

The two are designed to function together. I know of people with network storage who have things setup so that when they finish a sequence, they export a master from Me on their machine ... working in the background while they're already on another job ... that export 'lands' in a folder that's a watched folder for Me on another machine in their shop ... which makes maybe two H.264 files from it, one pretty full image for deliverable, the other a smaller file for client perusal.

Everyone's mileage always varies.

Neil

Kind of a render farm setup, and for that need, it's pretty sweet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niel; I was suggesting that one could only use ME to do exports and do away with the 'built in' exporter completely.  The only time I ever use the built in exporter is when ME is doing somethign that take a long time, and I want a quick little something else done thats short and quicker than what ever I have ME doing.

On that note, I htink Media encoder should be upgraded to allow more than one stream to be encoded at the same time, and also to pick/auto assign infinity to CPU's and GPUs.  There is plenty of time I could have benifited from a CPU heavy workload while the GPU was doing something also.  would be nice to have ME be able to do 2 or more streams to max out the system resources more.   

My work around today is using ME for one workload, and premier to export another, but then I cant use premier for anything and would sometimes still like to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone's mileage always varies, right?

You'd be amazed how many people are OUTRAGED that Me exists as a separate app, and do NOT want to download/install such "Bloatware!!!!!!" on their computer. Sheepers, folks, I mean .... just wow.  lol

So if they removed Me, we'd have a TON of posts from people abandoning Adobe because of their "cavalier attitude".

Um ... whatever ... 😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flying; all interesting ideas. I like not having to load ME for a quick export, so use the PR export a lot. I have not used the new quick export from PR, but see that as related. Often when I'm exporting, I have a few minutes of downtime.

Using ME to free PR for continuing work was/is huge. Multi-file processing from ME/render farm concepts; all good. But all 16 of my cores sometimes get maxed, so just processing one file at a time may be all I can expect.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources