• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to Text Feature question Export of Text

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just was added to the Speech to Text beta today. This very exciting! I have tested on multiple clips length and speakers. I work in broadcast news, so our interview aren't already scripted. I see a huge group needing to be able to share the transcript as a log for writers. Is there any chance a share could be created, say in PDF form?

I'd love to report back to the team I work on that this could be happening. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only a user myself, but have exported captions as an SRT file (which is basically plain text), in order to upload them into the Closed Caption channel of the same film clip I've captioned, but had earlier loaded up in Vimeo.

You can certainly share the SRT file as it's plain text (and edit it down in a basic text editor), but a minor issue might be that the generated captions all have a timecode against them for each spoken 'sentence' (so closed captioning software knows how to time them on screen).

I can understand how useful a PDF transcript would be, but not sure how the software would be able to generate the text into useful paragraphs that didn't need some other element of tidying up. The whole point of the feature is to be able to time the subtitles/captions to video, after all ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources