• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stundenlange Arbeit perdu

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mitten bei der Arbeit an einem komplizierten Filmschnitt stürzt das Programm plötzlich ab. Windows zeigt auf dem Monitor die Meldung: Es sei etwas schief gegangen, angeblich würden Informationen übermittelt. Programmfehler "stopcode". Was auch immer das heißen mag. Alles eingefroren, Neustart erzwungen. Beim erneuten Öffnen wird mir die Version von vor drei Stunden angezeigt. Nichts automatisch gespeichert, meine Zwischenspeicherungen alle weg. Ich bin schwer enttäuscht! Warum?!

TOPICS
Crash , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, that's a painful situation. Been there myself. Learned a painful lesson.

Never, ever rely on auto-anything. Including auto-saves. I had a similar thing happen and since then I've done what I was told by other more experienced users: do manual saves every time you've made any significant changes. Do a save-as to an iteritive name every so often and continue in the new project file. Plus save to a different location.

Auto-saves even if working can leave you screwed. If you rely on them, and say save every 5 minutes to 20 iterations, after an hour and forty minutes they start over-writing previous auto-saves. If some corruption got into something but you hadn't noticed it ... and worked for over that period after the corruption occured ... every single auto-save is corrupted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources