• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Panel Continued Issues With .MCC Files For Captioning.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been checking this bug for a year now. Since Premiere's 2021 update with the upgrade to the captions panel (now Text), the system won't import .mcc files correctly. The metadata in Premiere Pro says the media duration is about 5 minutes shorter than it actually is, because of that the system doesn't generate our program's full captions. I've reported this before and Adobe support did confirm there was an issue and a solution would be available in a follwing update but unfortunately the updates have not fixed the problem. For our broadcast program I am still editing in Premiere Pro v2020 because the .mcc file works fine on that version, but I feel like I shouldn't rely on that workaround and fall behind new versions of Premiere beign that there are new features that could also help us on our production.

I can send you a .mcc sample file that we used, please email. Thank you.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v22.1.1.7
    OS: macOS v11.6.0, RAM: 224.00 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 32

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

This issue has been resolved in the recent Premiere Pro version 22.1.2 update. Now .MCC captions file import correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I checked this issue on the Beta app, and it looks like the issue is fixed. Don't know yet if that fix has been pushed for the non-beta app versions. This is good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did get around to testing the .mcc file you shared. Just did. In Release PR 22.0.0, I imported as 608 and the last caption imported is #1223 at timecode 54:43:04. In beta 22.1.1 Build 59 (Updated today), the last caption imported is #1259 at timecode 58:18:52.

Thanks for reporting!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been resolved in the recent Premiere Pro version 22.1.2 update. Now .MCC captions file import correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources