• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Why is the Premiere Pro Speech to Text Transcribe button grayed out or disabled?

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q: Why is the Premiere Pro Speech to Text Transcribe button grayed out or disabled?

A: Check the status of your Creative Cloud subscription to make sure it is active.

• Check your account to verify your subscription. Visit https://account.adobe.com/ to make sure your Creative Cloud subscription is not expired or showing warnings.
  • Update: Effective February 7, 2023, Speech to Text is no longer be supported on Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0, and 22.1. Upgrade to the current version of Premiere Pro for full Speech to Text functionality. Info here.

Is your subscription active and having the same issue?

• Bad auth token warning: Log out and then log back in from the Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  • Network: Check your network's firewall settings to make sure no ports are blocked. More info here.

Are you having trouble finding your account settings at https://account.adobe.com/

• Are you a student, or working in a large company? You might not be a standard Creative Cloud user and need access to the status of your subscription or licensing. 
    • You may need to contact your IT Administrator for your institution in order to install the correct version of Premiere Pro and to make sure that your particular student subscription or enterprise licensing is active.

If you are still having issues, kindly return and we'll troubleshoot or contact support directly here.
Back to FAQ: Troubleshooting Speech to Text Issues

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, are you saying that I need a payed subcription to Premier pro before I am able to use the transcribe button? I tried all the other options you mentioned and they dont apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to check:

If the sequence has already been transcribed, but captions have not been created, the "Transcribe Sequence" button will be greyed out in the CAPTION TAB of the Text panel. The "Create new caption track" and "Import captions from file" will be active.

To check this, switch to the Transcript tab. If you do not see the result of a transcription, note whether the "Transcribe sequence" button is also greyed out there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan. This was my problem and may be for many people. (I had built my new project off of an old project, stripping out the old timeline and captions, but forgot to strip the old caption transcript.) I love how Adobe's initial response was basically "make sure you paid you bill!" SMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan

i tried what you said, the transcribe button is still greyed out after i switched from caption tab to transcript tab.

but my sequence has not been transcribed, it is the first time i want to transcribe the video, so to make it clear, i have downloaded a video, and i open adobe premier pro and i import the video, then i go to TRANSCRIPT TAB and click on CREATE TRANSCRIPTION, after that the transcribe button will appear but it is still greyed out, what should i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Raman,

Thanks for that description. That was one possibility in addition to the steps Kevin described in the original post in this thread. If none of those steps work, he gives a link to contact Adobe support.

I would also make sure the video you are using has clear dialogue type audio.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines