• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript Panel 'Disconnects' from Source

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When assembling a Sequence using the new Transcript 'source' pane, I am expecting it to behave like Source AV pane:

I love being able to highlight text while Premiere automatically creates in/out points. BUT when assembling a string of clips to the sequence using the '.' (overwrite) function, the clip is placed in the sequencebut the CTL does not advance ahead of the placed clip like it does doing the same thing from the AV Source Panel.
Then when continuing from the Transcript Panel 'Source mode' and pressing space to play the source clip, sometimes it reverts to play the sequence instead.

Are these intentional?

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback!
This is not intentional and we are already working on bringing the editing experience in line with working directly with e.g. the source panel. Helping us to find these kinds of inconsistencies does make a big difference for us!

Best regards, 

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm seeing this same issue plus one more -

When using a transcribed sequence in the source monitor and insert or overwriting in, aside from the CLI not advancing on overwrite, the nest toggle (the button labelled as "Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips") is ignored so a sequence is put in as nests either way - which is not wanted (and would be enough to ruin the feature really as un-nesting is not well supported in Premiere (wish it was!)

I can see that it is now possible to transcribe a source clip - which is great - and that would get round this issue, but the vast majority of editors I know work with source sequences for lots of reasons, e.g. they want to see the whole interview which is normally multiple clips or they are working with a sync map, i.e. lots of clips with a few wavs, all synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources