• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transcription not working

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcription stopped working in Beta 22. This new version from today, 22.1.1 is still broken for me but now at least I get an error message. It keeps trying to download a language packet - which it never said that before. In previous Beta 22 versions, it would just do nothing after downloading the language pack. Now, it gives an error which I attached. The error message also doesn't go away by clicking the X, so it requires a restart to remove it and continue working. 

TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing... Just trying to understand. I assume you are on a version that is now transcribing locally.

What Beta build? What OS?

What language did you select?

What language is your install?

I am not seeing this. Win10, now Beta 22.1.1 build 59, English install and transcription. Spanish also worked at least once a few Betas back (50 or so?).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

I selected the "included system setup and version" option when I posted from the Premiere App but I don't know where that goes!

I'm on Mac OS 11.4 Beta 22.1.1 build 55, English.

I've successfully used transcription in earlier beta versions - this is new for me. 

I don't know what you mean about the version that is transcribing locally. I've only see it access a cloud service, so that would be new to me as well.

I just checked and see that build 61 is available, usually it auto updates me - so I will see if that fixes the issue. Installing now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works in build 61

Seems like my issue was the language pack wasn't installing and would hang. Now, the language pack has installed and seems to be fine - so now I understand what you meant about local - I just never got that far.

Thanks for the response and prompt to look for newer builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted.

I know what you mean about the "include system setup and version." I had the same problem  until I discovered that all it is doing is copying that info to your clipboard. You must "paste" in the response and you get the Bug Report template.

You can use the template or ignore it. Staff just want to get the feedback. I like it just to get the system info into the post.

Here's one where I used it, but forgot to add "Bug: " to the title!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/caption-keyboard-shortcuts-for-split-an...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources