• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create subtitles

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Beta version  of Premiere Pro on Windows 10. I have generated subtitles a few times before,  but today I have trying many times and the system doesn't seem to complete the gerate operation. There is no message display and no subtiles on the timeline. I am not sure if this is a bug or I am missing the correct way.

TOPICS
Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Report the specific Beta build you are using. It would help to post a screenshot. 

You are using speech to text/transcription or what?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Odd. There is a bug, new in the 22.0.0 release, that, for me at least, is fixed in Beta 22.1.1 Build 7. This only occurs when you have the "transcribe in to out" selected and have an out point only. You can see in your "before" image that the timecodes start in the 8 hour range.

I am also now at 22.1.1 Build 21. I just tested and the timecodes are ok, and captions are created correctly. I only tested using the local transcode option, but that also showed the error in Beta prior to Build 7.

A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the specific Beta build you are using. It would help to post a screenshot. 

You are using speech to text/transcription or what?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Premiere Pro Ver 22.1.1  Beta (Build 33).

I have already created the script. The issue is when I am trying to generate the Captions from the script. It creates the track on timelime but it is empty from subtitles. It seems it unable to complete the process.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. There is a bug, new in the 22.0.0 release, that, for me at least, is fixed in Beta 22.1.1 Build 7. This only occurs when you have the "transcribe in to out" selected and have an out point only. You can see in your "before" image that the timecodes start in the 8 hour range.

I am also now at 22.1.1 Build 21. I just tested and the timecodes are ok, and captions are created correctly. I only tested using the local transcode option, but that also showed the error in Beta prior to Build 7.

Are you sure you are at Build 21? Your screenshot is from the Beta version.

See this post and the thread linked there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/transcribe-in-to-out-creates-bad-timeco...

Edit: Sorry; I misread. I will update to Build 33 and retest. To test, just look at your transcribe settings and be sure in to out and not selected.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were absolutely right my mistake was in the transcript settings. I kept "in-point to out-point only" selected, however in the audio analysis I selected only clips tagged as "Dialogue". Caption created successfully.

You gave  me valuable hint.

Thank you a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources