• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHAAAAT?!! ALL text in an AE-linked comp is now editable in PPRo?! 😮

Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project for a few weeks. It contains quite a few linked AE comps. Today, in PPRo Beta 24.3.0x17, I double-clicked one of the comps (it has quite a few text layers in it) only to see ALL the text layers as editable things in the Effect Controls palette - and lo and behold, I can edit any of them! I did not set the comp up as a mogrt. This is amazing...not having to faff with mogrts (which are great until you update them and have to delete them from the library...and re-import them...and PPro saves them to god-knows-where)!

Has this been a thing for a while and I'm just catching up, or is this Breaking News?!

TOPICS
Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been around for some time. It was sort of Mogrts 1.0 but thankfully they've kept the functionality. Only weird thing is there is no way that I know of to reset the comp to default (i.e if you make a text change later in AE it will still read the field in the ECP. 

The other gotcha too is that if you have multiple fonts on one text layer it has no way to parse that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources