• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML Update ... PLEASE!

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere still uses the old FCP7 XML format, right?

I keep getting hammered by colorists/finishers that for the love of all that's Holy, could the Premiere team please freaking update the XML used.

Resolve/FCP/Avid all can use a newer format that works quite well between apps, and the Premiere process ... is a slog of conforming in comparison.

Neil

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Premiere Pro uses the XML format from the "classic" Final Cut Pro. The newer XML format that Final Cut Pro X uses is a completely different format, not an update to the original. To my knowledge Avid doesn't support either XML format – please correct me if that's not the case.

So, what we're really talking about here is the claim that taking the new XML from FCP to Resolve is better in some way than the older XML from Premiere Pro to Resolve, right? What comes across better, or easier in those

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro uses the XML format from the "classic" Final Cut Pro. The newer XML format that Final Cut Pro X uses is a completely different format, not an update to the original. To my knowledge Avid doesn't support either XML format – please correct me if that's not the case.

So, what we're really talking about here is the claim that taking the new XML from FCP to Resolve is better in some way than the older XML from Premiere Pro to Resolve, right? What comes across better, or easier in those cases? My team is very interested in making conforms smooth so I'd appreciate whatever data or facts you can offer, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll pm you about this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources