• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.3 (beta) has added RED support, but still needs some work!

Engaged ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've tried beta build 14.3 that has added RED SDK for R3D support and my RED files will actually play now, in the timeline but still not a smooth as it should be, I still get some dropped frames during playback. Footage still is a little jittery. I get 2-12 dropped frames during playback. I'm working with various RED footage up to 8K Resolution. Even when I drop the playback resolution to 1/4 or 1/8 it still doesn't playback as smooth as it did in premiere Pro build 13.1.5. Im available to provide any additional information needed to help.

We're going in the right direction but we're still not there just yet. Getting RED playback as smooth as it was in v13.1.5 is the goal.

my computer specs:
iMac Pro
3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W processor
128g ram
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB graphics card
Edit drive: Thunderbolt 3 raid ssd

TOPICS
Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add more info to my findings to help the developers. Looks like 4K,5K and 6K resolutions play nicely, but 8K resolutions is where the playback struggles a bit.
- Sometimes during playback with 8K footage the dropped frame indicator will show green, even though its dropping frames during playback.

Decribed below I have found this to be the case with 14.2 and 14.3 (beta) versions (I THINK THIS IS THE ROOT CAUSE)

-If the source monitor and program monitor both have a clip previewed, the timeline struggles to play 8K footage, but if the source monitor is displaying anything other than a clip from the media bin, the timeline plays back perfectly. Its as if the source monitor is causing the program monitor to play choppy. Example: if you select the "effects" tab in the source monitor the clip in the timeline that was struggling, no longer struggles to play, but as soon as you show the clip again in the source monitor, the clip in the program monitor struggles again. 

Again this is only happening with RED 8K resolution footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the updated info! I have added this info to your bug DVAAP-399.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trent, here are some more interesting finding during testing. 

If I undock the source monitor, the 8K clip in program monitor (timeline) that was struggling before, no longer struggles to play. And then when I re-dock the source monitor the clip continues to play perfectly struggle in the program monitor. 

Again I really would love to do a screen share with you or another developer to show you in real time, which I'm confident would be helpful to fixing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trent I created a video to give you a real time look at whats happening with this issue. Please forward this to the developers. 

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have added the latest info and video recording to the bug, for the Devs. Thanks, again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources