After pressing the transcibe button, the message "Creating auto transcription..." pops up with the bar that says it's rendering the audio. But that's as far as it goes. Even though I can keep working (so it doesn't freeze the laptop), after a couple of hours, there is zero progress on the bar. And I tried this with different lengths of the video, just in case it was too large the first time around. I'm guessing it could be that I'm using a Macbook Air with an M1 chip. On Monday I'll retry on a Mac Pro.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Imported Video.
2. Created new sequence.
3. Opened text window and push the transcribe button.
4. Progress bar appears.
Result: No progress appears to happen. After a few hours, no result from Premiere on the transcription.
Expected: Captions by now. Or at least the progress bar to advance, so I know there is progress going on.
Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v15.0.0.BUILD
OS: macOS v11.1.0, RAM: 16.00 GB, CPUs (logical): 8
Trying going into the text window, into the captions tab, and clicking on re-transcribe. Same thing happended to me, and this seemed to get past the stall ...
Hi Neil, I went to the Captions tab, but no re-transcribe button is available. There's only "Transcribe sequence", "Create new captions track", and "Import captions from file". And when I push on the first button, it reopens the window I initially get with the settings for the transcription. After clicking it, it takes me to the same step as before and no progress.
An by the way, thanks for the help.
If you are getting a long pause it might not be uploading your file? Try going back to the Transcript button and then hit the 3 dots to reveal the Re-Transcribe sequence.
For me it took about 1-2 minutes before the bar started loading in.
I was having the same problem. Nothing was happening with the transcription, but as soon as I put an in and out point in the sequence and then clicked the check box for transcribing only from the into the out point, then things started working and the audio was uploaded and the status bars started moving. So try that.
I'm having the same issues as the orignal poster. I thought it was the lenghth of the sequence so tried a shorter sequence. I've tried the re-transcribe function also. So far nothing is working for me.
Make sure you updated to build 17 that came out yesterday. Another trick that worked for me was once on the new build, create a new empty proejct and import your media and try running the transcribe feature again.
This issue (getting stuck at rendering audio) has been under investigation and we believe that this issue has been addressed with build 023. Could you please try again with the latest version (15.0 beta build 024 is currently available) and if you still run into this issue with build 023+, please let us know.
Recent builds have been working for me (other than yesterday's, which - on my mac - I had to force-quit because it was sticking in the audio-rendering process that occurs before the audio is uploaded to the server for transcription. Sorry, I can't confirm if that was build 23 or not).
However, I updated to build 24 earlier today (c.1400 GMT) and can confirm - on the one 7 minute piece I've been working on this afternoon, that it all seems to be working as expected again.
Great to hear. Thanks, Neil!