Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto transcription - "merge output with existing transcription"

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ASC!

The new auto-transcription feature looks amazingly useful!  I see there's a checkbox labelled "merge output with existing transcription" but I can't seem to find any info on what it does.

I have an existing .srt dialogue list with aproximate timings.  Could I get Premiere Pro to automatically finesse the timings, using the approved dialogue lines?!  Because that would be beyond amazing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I'm wondering how this works.  I see if I "transcribe from in to out, it allows this option". I'm guessing that you can't use this as Timmetjie (and I) would like...   If you choose the option to just transcribe from in to out, you can then enable this feature, so I'm guessing it's just to do a section of a film when the rest of the film is already captioned.  I'm doing a test right now to see if I'm missing something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did a test, and yeah my guess was right.  Will just transcribe and spot text for the section between the in and out.  A uesful feature but not what I was hoping for.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is not correct name for this function... Part Trancribe might be better.

It would be great if possible to import an accurate transcript and then use 'intelligent' algorithm to compare with VO and segment captions accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

seems to me (if I'm not having a senior moment) that there was something similar to this way back in premiere 5.5 or 6 where premiere could roughy trancribe something and it would track with the video and if you had a preexisting transcription it would use that as a reference.    Would be great to implement this workflow.  Now if I could only remember how to make a feature request...

That said, the new caption workflow has been an incredible help for me working on the restoration of a documentary from the 80's and prepping captions/subtitles for the blu-ray/dvd authoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources