Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions revert to default text formatting when merged

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I upgraded to Premiere v15.4 today and discovered a problem editing captions. When I merge two captions together it reverts back to the default text formatting. Also any edit I make to the video track takes about 15-20 seconds to complete before I can continue playing or editing.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue one: style reverting to default when merging captions.

Are you applying a Caption "Track Style"? And this is being removed? Or are these limited style edits (one word italicized, or one caption with a different color font)? Such edits are always changed by applying a track style. It may simply be "as designed" that a merge of 2 captions would go to the track style or to the default.

I would file a feature request/bug report on this. It doesn't matter whether it is as designed or not; if I edit caption text to all italics, I DO NOT want it to be overridden by applying a style or by merging etc.

Issue two: video track actions slow when captions are present. There are a variety of reports of such problems. I'd file a bug report if I were you, but I have not seen this myself.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources