• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Captions from Transcript Broken in 15.4 Build 17

Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw a post (that is gone now) flagging this, so gave it a go. Updated to Build 17 this am.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a new sequence and add video. 

2. Transcribe audio.

3. Click Create Captions; select Subtitle

Result: Progress indicator shows, but does not progress. Cancel button does not work. I can switch workspaces, but on return to Text Panel, no Captions track. Transcription is still there. Click on Create Captions, same problem.

Expected: Caption track should be created.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v15.4.0.17
    OS: Windows v10.0.19041, RAM: 23.99 GB, CPUs (logical): 8

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info:

Export transcript/reimport to new sequence. Same problem.

Delete both problem sequences.

Create new sequence; import transcript; pick "black track" rather than track from transcript. Ctreates empty caption track ok.

Now create captions from transcript; same problem.

Finally, created new project in Build 17. Import a sequence from build 8 that had a transcription. Deleted Caption Track and tried "Create Captions" from transcript. Did not work.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: not fixed in 15.4 Build 18. Edit: and Build 19.

Option 1: Revert to Build 16 or before.

Option 2 Workaround:

Transcribe and DO NOT try to Create Captions. Just click the 3 dots and "Export Transcript...."

Now open the Release version 15.2. Create a new, consistent sequence (frame rate etc; I don't know if it matters or not).  I could not find a way to remove an existing transcription to reuse a sequence. 

On the TRANSCRIPT tab, click the 3 dots and "Import transcript."

Click "Create captions." In the CAPTIONS tab, click the 3 dots and "Export to srt file." Save this.

Return to PR Beta. In the sequence with the problem (or a new one), click on the "Import captions from file."  

All set.

Or yeh, just do the transcription and Caption track creation in 15.2!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working again: 15.4 Build 20.

Thanks!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My creative cloud doesn't show build 20...how do I get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC, Help -> "Check for updates" usually works for me.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan: That tip about checking for updates in the CC desktop app is a good one. I had installed Build 19 earlier today and found that S2T captions was not working. Just now I updated again (to Build 24) and it's working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and it's now on Build 47. Any tips on overcoming this without having to downgrade projects and import srt files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daire,

The main symptom is that the transcripton completes okay, but the "Create Captions" does not, correct?

Is the Cancel button working? It did not work in the Build 17-19 version of this problem. I have seen others report this in very recent builds, but the Cancel button does not work. So I suspect it is a different problems. 

And I do not have this new problem.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Thanks for getting back to me, yes the main problem is that the Create Captions never completes (or shows progress). The transcription still exports and the Cancel button works.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the program but no changes there.

I can't find the option to download different builds in CC, only different versions (15.2/15.4 etc).

I'm using Mac (late 2015) OSX 11.4

Premiere Pro 15.4.0.47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15.4 is the release version. You are in the Beta forum; no matter for the underlying issue. I am not seeing the problem in the 15.4 release, nor in the recent Beta versions.

Here are two other users reporting this (new) problem. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/unable-to-create-captions-premiere-pro-15-4-0-build-47/m...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/speech-to-text-progress-bar-freeze/td-p/12207278

Resetting workspace/preferences did not help. I don't see a link where anyone filed a bug report.

FYI, you'll find the Beta releases in the cloud desktop.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a million for your guidance Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources